1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quick 25.5 Question

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by gtrpwr, Nov 1, 2008.

1. gtrpwr

I have read the sfi 25.5 book multiple times and I have clarified much of what I needed to know by just looking through some other peoples chassis pictures. But I am still quite fuzzy in the floor requirements.

I will be maintaining the oem transmission tunnel and the car wont be getting a back half. It is a unibodied car.

I run into some problems with the ordinary under the car floor bar setup though. I noticed this picture; Does anyone have any thing to add on running the floor bars like this? Furthermore is it legal.
    [​IMG]#ad

2. onefst86gt

I can't see the whole rocker bar but it all looks legal.

3. Supe

Doesn't matter if the tins are under or over, as long as the tubing is there. Really just an aesthetics/room issue.

4. gtrpwr

Perfect, that was what i was hoping for.

What happens with bars 6A, 6B, 6C though when you run them through the interior. In that picture the person can the tube up and over.
    And i assume tube #1 still has to run through the transmission tunnel?

5. gryphon68

Yep, totally legal, but I hope you are short person, because you are going to be sitting pretty high, I wouldn't have enough head/helmet room with floor bars like that.

6. Injected65

That picture appears to be of a 25.2 since there are quite a few floor bars that are not needed in a 25.5. Below are pictures from my 25.5. Bar#1 is ran from subframe to subframe (with outriggers from subframe to rocker on each side completing the bar)under the car with the driveshaft loop incorporated into it. Bar #6 has the same outriggers from the rocker to the subframes (6A & 6B) and 6C is right behind the transmission (often incorporated into a bolt in trans mount on some cars).

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Chris

7. gtrpwr

Chris,
    The main reason I was hoping the under floor bars would not be required as the transfer case with transmission is extremely long and would get in the way height wise with the frame rails too unfortunately as it is only a couple centimeters higher into the car.

The later drive shaft loop style bar is no problem though and has already been marked out.

And I will do some measuring to make sure i can seat myself low enough with a helmet. I never thought about that :stupid:

8. 25-5

9. Injected65

Transfer case?

10. 87Saleen209

Must be one of those awd jalopys!

11. gtrpwr

Yup, awd indeed.

You guys have been more then helpful :2thumbs:

12. 87Saleen209

What car is it that you're working on?

13. Injected65

In that case I can't imagine that there would be any problem with running that bar up and over the tunnel like in the picture above.

Chris

14. gtrpwr

Building a 1990 nissan skyline gtr for drag use.

15. 87Saleen209

I spent two years in Okinawa (96-98) and I loved that place. I am a fan of those Skylines! Best of luck on your build. Keep us updated! :welder:

16. 84notch

Anyone have more pics/info on how to do this yourself in a foxbody. I'm thinking of giving it a try.