1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My Twin Turbo 350 Buick Skylark

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Justa350, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Justa350

Here's my 350 TT Skylark project...

DSC03147.JPG #ad

2. slimtastic

doesnt look likea project as much as it looks done! either way its schweet what kinda hp you hoping for?

i used to race a grand national

3. Justa350

Thanks! This motor is basically stock with a mild cam, probably not even 500hp at 8psi. It got me running though while I build the "real" engine, which I'm shooting for about 750hp at around 15psi with. The turbo part of the build is done, but much more to do with the rest of the car.

4. Justa350

Here's a video clip of it running right after I got the new turbos in, but before the wastegates were done. Pretty boring video. I'm actually hoping to post a street video tomorrow if the weather is good.

5. slimtastic

if it was my build id definetly look into some kind of efi system for the power and boost you'll be runing on the next engine. ill bet they make an injection manifold for that motor... and if not its pretty easy to make one :welder: ever look into that kindastuff?

6. Justa350

Nobody offers much for the Buick 350. I make intakes though.

I did a short cruising video today...

:chacha:

7. scatesracing

what turbos are you running? Tell us a little about your setup also.......

8. boosted88coupe

sweet love it! I have buicks too. all my stuff is big block! I have been considering doing a twin turbo'd 455 because I have a 455 already... not really for a fast car just some excessive power for my first car to have. so I can do pro stock burnouts whille passing someone....lol!

9. 95silverstallion

Being a turbo Buick it must make ungodly tourque.

10. Justa350

The car is very torquey. The turbos are T3/T4's with 50AR 2" inducer 3"exducer, and .63 exhaust. The car has 2 1/2" exhaust out of the turbos that immediately tapers up to 3" mandrel bent x-pipe system with 2 chamber mufflers. The car has 4.56 gears with a Powertrax locker, 2600 converter in the TH350. It is a fairly light car with fiberglass fenders, bumpers, hood, and decklid. The tires are 32x17.5 ET street in back, with cheap metrics on 3 1/2" fronts.

My shop is very busy now so I haven't had much time for posting. I'll put up some more pics when things are less crazy.

Back to the grind! :welder:

11. Justa350

New plugs and wires today. Ran like a bat out of hell. Damn I wish there was a track closer than 2 hours away!

12. gryphon68

I'd be shocked it didn't spool up just off idle . . . .

13. Jess

Your car looks alot like a readers garage scene car in carcraft from a while back...

14. Justa350

Probably because it is! :D

15. Justa350

Well, I bought a TIG and am going to be doing all my turbo kits and intake manifolds with aluminum now! Here's a dual inlet carb hat I made today...

:welder:

Alum. Hat.jpg #ad

16. fordantic

Is that an edelbrock carb I see?.... How do you mod one of those for blow-thru?

17. BoostedDownUnder

There's a thread in the carb section on how to mod an Edelbrock ;)

18. Justa350

19. boostedtorino

you know i have an edelbrock/carter carb layin around and it is almost brand new ... :hmm: interesting .. the wheels are turning now lol

20. Justa350

TIG'd up a new intake for the car...

DSC03329.JPG #ad