1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

408w/PT101/4-30-10 track #'s in!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 86lxnotch, Feb 27, 2008.

1. 86lxnotch

well i blew the 351 up so now im goin stroker and adding a second mp70. engine is at the machine shop, crank and main girdle should be here soon. so i figured i would get a jump on things. got another set of headers and some sawzall blade/cut off wheels. jegs was also kind enough to deliver a nice large box of 3'' piping that i ordered. $250 for 4 u-bends, 4 90's, 4 45's and 4 4ft pieces of straight. should be enough for the downpipes all the way back. using 1 5/8'' headers and 2.5'' pipe to the turbos for good spool. starting with .68 housings. borrowed a friends 70 so i have 2 for mockup. destruction has commenced and pics will follow. i removed the entire front end so i have more room to work and can easily relocate wiring out of harms way. pics will follow in the next few days

2. Valentino

Re: 408w twin mp70's

Sweet good luck with your build

3. 86lxnotch

heres the start of the carnage...........got the pass side cut out, still gotta do the drivers side and i will be filling back in then. also pull the wiring into the wheel well. also will fill and smooth majority of bay holes when i put the new motor in

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. king coupa

niiicce, i've been waiting for someone to do a 408 turbo setup.

5. DaOnE51T

I can't wait until this build is done. Are you going to fill the block?

6. 86lxnotch

yea half filled and im gonna use a d.s.s. main girdle on it as well

7. falstaff

Looks good

8. DannyS

what kind of heads are you running? dave pickrels twin turbo truck is a 408w with 2 mp t-70's

i'd like to do that in the future, what kind of power you plan on making?

danny

9. 86lxnotch

right now box stock vic jr's but i might get them ported. 800ish on pump and 1k-1100 on racegas

10. 86lxnotch

drivers inner fender is chopped out now and i used a whole one 2.5'' u bend to go from the header to turbo. its tacked up, still need turbo flange for final position but im still gonna weld it up as is. im tacking stuff with my mig here at home and doing final welds with one of the tigs at work. pics tomorrow!

11. vossperformance

Its gonna be close to mine...
    Good luck

12. 86lxnotch

close. nobody is gonna know what im packing unless they know me or know of me. im using a very mild cam like a friend of mine has in his 408/ys trimmed car. 95% of people that see/hear his car think its a stock cammed 5.0 with a blower and exhuast. yet makes almost 620rwhp on 7-8lbs. should be interesting to say the least lol

13. DannyS

very good!

14. 86lxnotch

main girdle and new intake i got from botietr, welded header still missing a lil stuff, then "mounted" pics for pass side and finally empty drivers side just waiting to be filled

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. 86lxnotch

drivers pipes are tacked together up to the turbo, still waiting on flanges. wiring is halfway tied up and out of the way. i'll get some pics tonight or tomorrow

16. 86lxnotch

have to get the pics on here from the drivers header, i chopped my bent up lower rad support off and capped the bottom of the rails with 1/8'' plate and bent up a piece of 1'' .095 tubing at work for the new support. got it welded on and the rad/intercooler back "in" place. making the rad mounts tomorrow and the i/c mounts fri prolly. dropped the rad down some as well as moved it front a little bit too. came out even better than i expected

17. 86lxnotch

ok well here is the pics i promised, i also made the lower rad. mounts today and got them tacked in place. figured out what i need to do for the upper mounts and i will make them at work tomorrow and hopefully have them done tomorrow night along with a couple more pics. i also started welding up some unneeded holes in the frame rails. more will be filled after i remove the engine from mockup. also have a 1300hp capable glide in the works which will be niceeeeeeeee

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

18. 86lxnotch

oh almost forgot, im making a custom alt mount as well to pull it as close to the motor as i can. still have to make a plate for the front side. already have the spacer for behinf the alt to the head done

19. 91foxj

nice work

20. 86lxnotch

thanks 91fox, i just ran into a MAJOR holdup on the project. i was planning on having her back on the road by the end of may. i was going to sell my tko3550 and use that $ to go towards a glide or th400. well ford101mustang on here is local to me and was going to buy it and then we ended up working a trade. my car SEVERELY needs bodywork and a paint job. its rattle canned and looks like hell. so im going to pickup another set of bumper covers since mine are pretty much toast. i will be picking up a set of MINT manual 86 doors off another friend as well. i currently have the engine and trans back out so i can weld up the holes in the bay before i give him the car to start on. i cant wait as this car has never been anywhere near pretty since i bought it as a roller off a friend for $150 after i totaled my 90 hatch i had. its gonna be weird that i will actually have to wash and wax the thing now!