1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo kit by turbostang - Project PUMPKIN HEAD - New setup 1k+ rwhp on dyno

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by blk93cpe, Jun 9, 2007.

1. blk93cpe

This Project is now named PUMPKIN HEAD(based on the paint scheme) everyone has said it makes them think of Halloween. :D

Big thanks to Turbostang for his hard work and is welding abilities '“ Like a work of art!!!! He is one of the nicest guys!!! I have a lot of respect for him. BTW - The turbo mounts directly to the intercooler using a vband.

Also, like to thank Clifton (aka wraith) one of my best friends and the biggest help on this and any project I have. Man knows his shit.
    351w .030 - DSS Pro XR max quench dish piston 30cc dish, 4340 h- beam rods, stock crank
    AFR 205's
    AMF B-451 cam
    Victor Jr. Intake
    750 CSU - (not in the pics) Will takes pics tomorrow - Kevin did a great job on the carb it looks Bling-bling
    S400 - Thanks to dave@majectic - Highly recommend him for any turbo purchase.
    60mm wastegate
    50mm BOV
    Powerglide with Edge - Pro series convertor
    Magnafuel Pro Star 500
    13202 Regulator
    Dynojet WideBand Commanders
    MSD Boost Launch Control

Thinks left todo:
    Wire the entire car. :bang:
    Car is alive after pulling the glide a few times to get everything working correctly :bah:

5/1/08 - Car made 713rwhp at only 16lbs of boost with only 22 degress of total timing!!! - Blow thru setup just doesn't work :D

6/19/08 - Car has made 18+ pass just about everyone in the 5.7x-5.89 range. The best pass so far is a 5.71 with at 1.28 60' but only 17lbs on boost up top it fell off and the converter loose. On drag radials we have got it to 60' a 1.41 on 8 pounds off the line.

7/25/08 - new best on 275/60/15 radials -
    TONIGHT 7/25/08 Another new best for the 75mm wonder on radials -

60' - 1.329
    330 - 3.576
    mph - 100.65
    1/8 - 5.458
    mph - 128.26

And it still has more left

link to my photobucket album for more and bigger pic's - [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. blk93cpe

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. blk93cpe

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. blk93cpe

Modified Intercooler :D
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. blk93cpe

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. darkhrse99

That looks really good. Those welds are top notch.

7. Forrest

looks killer Eric! :2thumbs:

8. bsharer

Bad ass Eric! I was just telling Carrie that everything you end up messing with is super clean. This car is turning out very nice!!

Brooks got a mill?!

9. blk93cpe

Thanks!! Brooks did a great job as usual!!

Bryan - He has CNC machine he is building at the house - (lucky SOB). The car should turn out pretty nice but your mont has it going on inside and out. BTW Clifton is going all out now on his and will have navigation and a dvd setup in his (no joke - he is crazy) plus he is now going air to water going for 850 to the tires.

10. TwinTLuv

man he does AMAZING work....everything he touches is flawless....and this is no exception... :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

11. pudster1

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

make them pics smaller- then your issues wouldnt be so bad- looks killer though :2thumbs:

12. turbostang

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN HEAD

Thanks for the props! Eric has a beautiful car and it will haul ass!

Bryan, I do have a mill now - I just got it. It's in the beginning stages of a CNC conversion. ;) Keep your eye out for a DIY CNC conversion in the builds board! ;)

13. BandAid

Re: Another beautiful turbo kit by turbostang (Dailup - beware) Project PUMPKIN

New to stangs,can you tell me where to find the headers,I have a 87HB no motor and no trans...looking to have an 87 buick and 87 stang both turbo'd

14. wraith

Sweeeeet. Super nice for a white boy.

15. wraith

[​IMG]#ad

Showoff=Turbostang. Must be nice to have your own mill :2thumbs:

16. shootrmcgee

Super nice car!!! I like the idea of the direct mount to the I/C. I also like the paint. Do you have any pics of the inside? Good luck and keep it straight and clean.

17. turbocobra

Great work Brooks!

Looking forward to having you do something similar on mine sone! :D

18. pdonk93lx

:2thumbs: Very nice work, Sweet ride! Another turbostang, gotta love it!

19. denmah

this thing looks amazing!

20. Renegade

Looks very clean!!